- ABOUT ANFF
- THE ANFF NETWORK
- Bio fabrication
- Device fabrication, packaging and testing
- Material synthesis and macro fabrication
- Micro and nano fabrication
- Optics and photonics
- ACCESSING ANFF
- CONTACT ANFF
Australian Capital Territory Node
The ANFF ACT is located at the Australian National University. Their facilities are based on photonic/electronic materials growth, processing and fabrication of devices including micro electro mechanical systems (MEMS). These facilities provide a range of capabilities and services for the micro/nanofabrication of photonic and related devices as well as the fabrication of waveguides and photonic crystals.
Opto-electronic devices such as semiconductor lasers, photo-detectors and modulators are widely used for communications, data storage and medical applications. Further, photonic crystals, with their ability to confine light and guide and control its propagation, promise an entire suite of ultra-compact optical devices analogous to those of semiconductor electronics. Hence the node is internationally recognised for supporting both state-of-the-art research and proof-of-concept development for industry.
ANFF-ACT also enjoys access to two well known ANU research groups at the Laser Physics Centre and the Department of Electronic Materials Engineering. These groups bring expertise in the capabilities of high energy ion implantation, Si-etching, optical characterisation and two metal organic chemical vapour deposition (MOCVD) reactors for the growth of III-V compound semiconductor multi- layers based on: GaAs, AIGaAs, InGaAs, InP, InGaAsP, InAlGaAs, GaSb, InSb, InGaAsN. These reactors enable the fabrication of nano-wires, quantum dots, quantum wells, strained layers and devices.
- micro/nano fabrication of photonic and related devices
- fabrication of waveguides and photonic crystals
- Micro-electro-mechanical-systems MEMS
- Raith 150 electron beam lithography system for nanostructure fabrication
- RF /DC sputtering system for metal and dielectric multi-layer deposition
- Cluster tool for dry etching and deposition
- Dual beam focused ion beam
- Nano imprint lithography